Pancreas produces pancreatic juices and digestive enzymes that aid in final stages of digestion. When the pancreas is sluggish, it can lead to a condition called pancreatic insufficiency which leads to symptoms like nausea, flatulence, burping, pain and swelling. A weak pancreas can also cause excess burden on the kidneys and affect insulin regulation. So today, we will study some natural remedies to strengthen pancreas naturally.
Table of Contents
1. Pancreatic enzymes
Pancreatic enzymes supplements can be used for treating sluggish pancreas. They consist of enzymes like amylase, trypsin, lipase and protease which aid digestion. Adults may take one tablet with meal (best not to give them to children). They are also contraindicated for people with duodenal ulcers.
2. Golden seal
The ancient Cherokee tribal people were known to use Golden seal for its anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial and healing properties. This bitter tonic enhances secretion of digestive enzymes such as stomach juices, bile, and saliva. You can use Golden seal if you suffer from gas, bloating, flatulence, heartburn etc. Golden seal is available in the form of tea, tincture, and pills. Take 500 mg of extracts twice a day, 15-30 minutes before meals. Do not use if pregnant, hypertensive or if you are taking anti-depressant medicines.
Take garlic if you suffer from chronic digestion issues like nausea, parasites, flatulence etc. It has antimicrobial, antifungal and anti-parasitic properties which are useful in case of pancreatic malfunction. If you are taking liquid extracts, take 5 ml twice a day to cleanse the pancreas.
Cayenne is one of the best herbs for pancreas cleanse. It eliminates toxins and parasites from the pancreas and also stimulates blood flow and delivery of enzymes to the organs. You can take it raw or fresh in food or in capsule form (300 mg per day). Cayenne is contraindicated during nursing, gastrointestinal ulcers and if you are hypersensitive to it.
5. Barley powder
Barley powder is one of the best foods to repair pancreas. It is made from young barley leaves and contains raw enzymes that aid digestion. Barley powder is particularly beneficial for sluggish pancreas. It has even been tested in Japan on pancreatitis patients. According to the lead researcher of this study, nearly 75% patients who took barley powder had decreased pain due to it. Barley powder is available in tablet/capsule form or even a drink. Take 1-2 tsp of the powder with low-acid juice or a glass of water each morning. Alternatively, take 6 tablets of 500 mg of powder before breakfast.
6. Celery juice
Mix half a glass of raw celery juice with equal quantities of water. Drink this daily for a month. This is a powerful antidote to alcohol intoxication and can cleanse and repair the pancreas.
7. Dietary changes and super foods to strengthen pancreas
- Eat organic foods only and avoid alcohol. Alcohol, insecticides, cumulative toxins and preservatives in food all damage pancreas and eventually the kidneys. Avoid all alcoholic drinks including beer which harm the pancreas.
- Refined carbohydrates are bad for pancreas; they increase simple sugars in the body and cause excess insulin secretion. This, in turn, could lead to kidney stones. Instead eat grains like Pearl millet, buckwheat, quinoa etc which are good for the pancreas, spleen and stomach.
- Cedar berries, licorice, wild yams and super-foods like Spirulina are beneficial for pancreas and blood sugar regulation.
- Over eating, and especially close to bedtime can also harm the pancreas.
- Potassium rich foods strengthen the pancreas and particularly for diabetics. So go for dried peas, melons, potatoes, raw peanuts, bananas.
8. Change your cooking methods
Overcooking food throws a great deal of burden on the pancreas which has to work harder to produce enzymes. So eat a raw diet as far as possible. When you cook, measure the water and reduce cooking time. For foods like sprouts, cook only slightly to protect their enzyme content. Avoid cooking alfalfa sprouts- eat them raw.
These 8 natural methods and supplements can help you repair pancreas and strengthen them naturally.