Whether you have decided to quit smoking once and for all or are looking for ways to clear a urine sample test for a job interview; the following 10 remedies to remove nicotine from the body will certainly help you in your endeavors.
Table of Contents
Drink at least 10 glasses of water daily to flush out nicotine from the body. Water is a natural detoxifier that facilitates the body’s filtration system. The greater the quantity of water you drink, the better it will be for your kidneys and lungs to flush out nicotine from your body.
2. Do a complete detoxification Cleanse
Below are the steps of the complete detoxification cleanse. (You can purchase detoxification kits sold at holistic therapists, but these are not absolutely necessary and you can even detoxify without them.)
- Upon waking up, drink a tall glass of warm water with some lemon juice and honey. Lemon juice contains antioxidants which destroy free radicals created by nicotine while honey acts as mild laxative an helps keep your bowel movements regular.
- For breakfast, you can have a teaspoon of Chia seeds mixed with some Almond or Soya milk.
- For lunch, eat clean, organic meals with fresh vegetables, and wild fish like salmon etc.
- For dinner, eat clean meal with fish or chicken or turkey. Eat plenty of broccoli and spinach as these have fiber and vitamins that help the body detoxify, strengthen and heal.
- Do not eat anything between meals.
- Drink plenty of water. This will help get the nicotine out of your system fast.
- Eat 1/3rd of what you normally eat.
- Do not drink anything other than herbal tea and green tea in this period. Pine needle tea and herbal teas are especially recommended as they help clear up the throat and nasal passage and help flush the nicotine out from the lungs.
3. Do a total colon cleanse and take digestive enzymes
This is an important step for getting nicotine out of your system faster. A colon cleanse can help clear up the colon off toxins. Digestive enzymes also aid in digestion to help your body flush out nicotine faster. During colon cleanse, refrain from strenuous exercise, and instead, go for restorative Yoga and gentle aerobic exercise.
4. Go for massages, steam or sauna
Easily the best way to remove nicotine from body is to go for deep tissue massage or lymph massages. You can also opt for steam and sauna. All these help remove all toxins from the body through sweat. Drink plenty of water before and after the massage.
5. Do dry body brushing
Dry body brushing is an Ayurvedic technique of stimulating the lymph nodes which in turn help transport out sweat and toxins from the body. Dry body brushing can be done using boar bristle brushes or you can use a loofah or a cloth. Simply start brushing the entire body in circular motion all over without applying oil or cream. This will remove all the dead skin and also aid the body in nicotine detox. Bathe as usual after the dry body brushing.
6. Take rest
When you are looking for effective ways how to flush nicotine from the body, you must take rest and let the body heal. A relaxed body and mind can heal itself faster. Avoid over stimulating the senses-going to crowded places or watching TV etc as these things can increase your urge to light up.
7. Use methods to quit smoking when detoxifying
This step is very important and also one of the hardest when looking for ways how to flush nicotine from the body. If needed, do the detox cleanse with a buddy as this will help strengthen your resolve. You can also opt for e-cigarettes, chewing gums, and nicotine patches etc to satisfy the nicotine craving.
8. Do Yoga and meditation
Both yoga and meditation are proven to help remove addiction to substances. Same is true with deep breathing. The science of guiding the breath-also called Pranayama- can be practiced daily for removing nicotine from the body faster.
9. Distract yourself
In the afternoon, many people feel the urge to reach out for a cigarette because of lack of energy. At this time, it helps by distracting oneself either by reading something motivational, or drinking some herbal tea or even taking a short walk. You can also try taking a nap or bathing. These things help you relax and prevent you from lighting up.
10. Just do it!
There is never a right time to quit smoking. You might think you will do it tomorrow or when you turn 40 or something on those lines. But we all know the harmful effects of nicotine. So it is very important to just take the step and quit if you are looking for ways how to get nicotine out of system faster. Also relax the body and mind and live in the present moment. It is often due to the fact that the mind dwells on the past or future that one feels the urge to smoke. Staying relaxed and happy is one surefire way of not doing so.
We hope these 10 remedies help you get the nicotine out of your system faster.