Cellulite is the condition that causes wrinkling, puckering and discoloration of the skin in areas having fat accumulation. It usually occurs on the thighs, buttocks, belly and pretty much everywhere else where we have fat. Cellulite is often a part of the natural ageing process but a poor diet is also responsible for it. For example, if your diet lacks essential fatty acids, you might be more prone to cellulite. In addition, excess weight is responsible for this skin condition; so daily exercise is a must if you wish to avoid it. If you are looking for ways to make homemade cellulite creams and skin tightening body wraps, read on- we have many easy and effective recipes for you!
Table of Contents
1. Cellulite cream with coconut oil
The best thing you can do to fight cellulite is the keep the skin supple and elastic. Coconut oil massages provide elasticity to the skin and keep the fat layers moving. This cellulite cream with coconut oil is very effective in smoothing out bumps and dimples that are characteristic of cellulite. Here is how to make cellulite cream with coconut oil:
- 1 cup pure organic coconut oil
- 15 drops each of Lemon and Peppermint essential oils
In a glass bowl, mix the oil with the essential oils and whip using a hand mixer until the mixture is smooth and creamy. To use, massage the blend on problem areas like thighs, buttocks and belly. Wrap the treated areas with a plastic wrap and leave it on for at least an hour before showering with warm water. Use regularly to see results.
Related content: Home Remedies to Prevent Cellulite
2. Homemade cellulite treatment with coffee
Coffee is the key ingredient in many anti-cellulite creams, wraps and scrubs available in the market. Caffeine increases blood flow to the dimpled areas and helps breaks down fatty deposits. The simplest homemade cellulite treatment with coffee is to rub coffee grounds on the affected areas and wrap the skin in a saran or plastic wrap. Leave this homemade cellulite treatment on for at least 4 hours.
Note: Avoid drinking coffee if you wish to fight cellulite. Caffeine is a diuretic and dehydrates and depletes skin cells off moisture. This increases dimpled and puckered appearance of the skin.
3. DIY caffeine cream for stomach fat
Use this diy caffeine cream for stomach, thighs and bum cellulite at least 2-3 times a week to see results. Drink plenty of water.
- Use fresh coffee grounds and warm them up in the microwave. Do not heat; simply warm the grounds for a few seconds. (Make sure you use only caffeinated coffee grounds for this homemade cellulite treatment with coffee!)
- Mix the warm grounds with olive or coconut oil. Liberally spread the caffeine cream for stomach fat on all areas with cellulite. Massage well to improve circulation. It is best to use this homemade cream in the tub bath to avoid messing up the floors.
- Tightly wrap the massaged areas with plastic wrap for 30 minutes or longer.
- Wash off the coffee and oil with warm water and mild soap. Massage the skin again to boost circulation.
4. DIY skin tightening body cream
Note: this is a slightly complicated recipe as it requires some unique ingredients. Also be forewarned that this skin tightening cream is messy but it definitely shows results. Avocado soothes and hydrates the skin, the ALA/alpha lipoic acid provides an anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory action, the probiotic protects the skin and honey and vitamin E heal it. Camu camu and goji berries provide reparative and skin smoothing effects. People with sensitive skin may ski using ALA.
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted
- ¼ raw, organic honey
- Handful of goji berries
- 1 probiotic capsule
- Camu camu powder 1 tsp
- ¼ capsule of alpha lipoic acid powder
- 4 vitamin E capsules- prick and use the oil
- ¼ carrier oil like coconut or olive oil
Blend all ingredients in a mixer. Spread the skin tightening cream on areas with cellulite. Leave it on for 15-20 minutes.
5. DIY homemade cellulite cream/body butter
- 1/8th cup each Sweet Almond oil and Coconut oil
- ¼ cup Cocoa butter
- 20-30 drops of Grapefruit essential oil
Mix the oils and butter (except the essential oil) in a double broiler over low heat. Whisk until smooth and creamy. Freeze the mixture for 20 minutes so it solidifies. Beat on medium speed until creamy, then add the essential oils and blend. Store this cellulite cream at room temperature for up to 6 months. Use it before bath time; leave it on affected areas for 30 minutes to an hour.
6. Easy homemade cellulite treatment with lemon juice and castor oil
This is a simple recipe that will help you fight cellulite for life! Simply mix lemon juice and castor oil and rub the mixture on the dimpled skin. Leave it on for as long as possible before showering.
Use these easy DIY homemade cellulite treatment recipes regularly to see results.