We have scoured the web, books written by experts and other top resources to bring you best homemade recipes and remedies to get thicker hair. Please note that it is not possible to thicken hair overnight; you have to be patient if you want to see results. Use these remedies everyday for at least 6 months to see noticeable hair growth. Apart from these recipes to make hair thicker and fuller, also eat a healthy diet. Thicker, fuller hair needs proteins, vitamins and minerals. Also make sure you do not have any underlying hormonal issue that may be triggering your hair fall. Without further delay, here are the home remedies to get thicker hair for men and women.
Table of Contents
1. Onion juice therapy
This is an easy and effective home remedy to make hair thick and silky. If your hair is seriously shedding a lot, use this therapy everyday to stop hair fall and stimulate new hair growth. Research has shown that applying onion juice twice a day to balding areas (for at least 6-8 weeks daily) can help stimulate hair growth. Moreover, the new hair that grows is also shinier and silkier. Select red onions which have higher antioxidant content than white onions. Ensure that the onions have dry outer covering. Grate one or two onions to yield enough juice for the entire scalp. Massage the juice into the scalp. Leave it on overnight or at least 2 hours before washing it off. Repeat this therapy daily (or two times daily) for several months.
2. Neem hair oil to make hair grow faster and thicker overnight
- Neem leaves, washed
- Organic, cold pressed coconut oil 1/2 cup at room temperature.
- Extra virgin Olive oil- ¼ cup
- ¼ cup Castor oil
- 5-7 drops of Lavender essential oil
Boil neem leaves in enough water until the water turns greenish. Make a paste of the boiled neem leaves in a blender. Using a sieve, crush the blended paste into a bowl until you get mashed dark green neem paste. Mix this paste with all the oils and essential oils. Store the dark green oil blend in a glass container.
Take a few teaspoons of the blend and using cotton wool or your finger tips, apply all over the balding areas. Massage for at least 10 minutes. Cover up your hair with a hot towel (towel soaked in hot water and squeezed to remove excess water). The steam from the towel will enable the oil to penetrate the scalp. Repeat this treatment at least two times a week.
3. Get long thick hair with homemade Rose oil
- Rose petals- beaten to a pulp to yield about 3 ounces
- Olive oil- ¾ of a pint
Place the pulp and olive oil in a covered vessel in the sun for a week. This will allow the rose extracts to infuse in the oil. Squeeze out or strain the oil. Add fresh batch of rose petals to the strained oil and repeat the infusion process for a week. Use the rose oil every day for 3 weeks to stop hair fall and stimulate hair growth.
4. Coconut milk and lime juice
- Milk squeezed from half a coconut
- Lemon juice from half a lemon
Mix the milk and juice. Massage the roots of your hair vigorously with this blend. Leave it on for 4 hours or overnight and wash off with a mild shampoo.
5. Pure castor oil
Massage the hair using pure castor oil. Castor oil contains iodine which is very good for hair growth. Apply the thick, viscous oil all over the hair and scalp. Wash off after 4 hours.
Some more tips to get long thick and silk hair overnight
- If you are pregnant or approaching menopause or taking contraceptive pills, talk to your gynecologist.
- Rule out other causes of hair loss such ringworm, yeast, fungi etc.
- Reduce your carbohydrate intake- eat more proteins, fruits and vegetables.
- If your iron level in blood is less, take iron pills. Also include iron rich foods in the diet.
- Regularly drink carrot juice mixed with lemon juice.
- Avoid taking a pillow underneath your head at night as it could interfere with blood circulation to the hair.
Use these easy remedies to grow hair thicker quickly.