Typhoid fever symptoms include high fever, abdominal pain, rash, diarrhea, headache, weakness and fatigue. Latest treatment for typhoid fever includes antibiotics like chloromycetin, azitrhomycin and amoxicillin. However, many herbs, dietary tips and natural remedies are also beneficial in treating this disease. The main part of the treatment of typhoid is proper nutrition and adequate rest. Let us study ways to recover from typhoid fever quickly:
Table of Contents
1. Drink plenty of water
Drink plenty of water to cool the body. Fever tends to dehydrate your body so try to make up for the loss by drinking tons of water.
2. Apple cider vinegar
Add a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar to two cups of fresh filtered water. Drink this mixture twice a day. Apple cider vinegar reduces fever, pain and inflammation and also helps the body fight infection from within. Also soak a flannel cloth in apple cider vinegar and apply it to the forehead. Leave it on for a few hours or until the fever comes down.
3. Egg whites
Egg whites help bring down high fever quickly. Place your feet in a bowl and pour egg whites on them. You can wear socks after the egg layer dried off. Leave it on for as long as possible. This simple trick will quickly lower high temperature that is characteristic of typhoid fever.
4. Colloidal silver
Colloidal silver kills bacteria, viruses and all other disease causing microbes. Take a teaspoon of colloidal silver twice a day for 3 days or until the fever goes away and you no longer test positive for typhoid fever.
5. Best herbs for Typhoid
- Echinacea is a “bug killing herb”- it can kill all kinds of infection causing parasites. Take Echinacea tea, tincture or pills as stated on the product label. The herb boosts immunity and helps the body fight germs from inside to quickly cure typhoid fever. Echinacea is also a great remedy for blood poisoning typhoid, as well as other associated conditions like diphtheria, septic leucorrhea etc. Use it to relieve dark red throat, bleeding gums, offensive breath and offensive stools.
- Arnica Montana-Arnica Montana is a great natural typhoid headache cure. It relieves body aches and restlessness. This herbal/homeopathic remedy is also suitable for people with no control over stools or urination.
- Fenugreek– Fenugreek is an Ayurvedic remedy for typhoid. You can take it fresh or dried. The seeds of fenugreek are to be soaked and sprouted and crushed into a paste. The dry seeds can also be ground into a fine powder. This bitter herb has an appetizing and carminative effect on the body. You can also make tea from fenugreek seeds. Boil fenugreek leaves or make it into a salad with some olive oil. The taste is bitter but it is also medicinal and particularly beneficial to typhoid patients.
- Garlic– Garlic has antiviral and antibacterial properties. Crush some garlic and eat it in soups, salads etc. You can also take garlic pills.
6. Homeopathic typhoid remedies
- Acon- Do not use in case of blood poisoning typhoid. It is useful in early stages of disease
- Bapt- Useful remedy for children with typhoid-having dry tongue and foul smelling stools
- Pyrog- for very high fever
- Syph- White tongue
- Bry and Rhus Tox- for high fever
- Absin- for sleeplessness
- Achyranthes calea for typhoid fever
Drink plenty of coconut water when suffering from typhoid fever. Also eat coconut pulp and drink a tablespoon of raw, organic virgin, cold pressed coconut oil twice a day. This will kill 98% of all pathogens.
8. Fruits for typhoid fever
Eat plenty of local, seasonal, fresh organic fruits. Papaya, lemons, oranges, strawberries are some beneficial fruits to boost immunity. Drink the juice of green papaya and its leaves crushed with some garlic to kill typhoid pathogens.
Nascent iodine is a good natural cure for typhoid. There are many sources of iodine available these days- Japanese Konbu, seaweed, etc are some good sources. It goes in the bloodstream to remove the poisoning effect of typhoid fever pathogens.
10. Oil of oregano
Rub some oil of oregano on the ear lobes and on the soles of the feet. This remedy will bring down fever and also help you sleep better.
11. Coriander/cilantro juice
This is a detoxifying remedy that binds to toxins and throws them out. Mix coriander juice with some fresh buttermilk and drink two to three glasses of it. This ayurvedic typhoid remedy will throw out the toxins and strengthen your body.
12. Jaundice berry/Berberis Vulgaris
Also called maider berry, this ayurvedic typhoid remedy has healing and curative power. It is available as a powder- take 2-4 grams per day to cure typhoid fever.
Use these 12 natural home remedies along with latest typhoid treatment to recover from typhoid fever.