Many factors can cause body pain: flu, colds, coughs, fatigue, over exertion, fibromyalgia and so on. Body ache is no fun and can impact the quality of life. It generally consists of back ache, neck ache, arm and leg ache. Let us take a look at some home remedies for body pain and fever.
Table of Contents
1. Activated charcoal
This remedy detoxifies the body and reduces infections and fever that may be causing the body ache. Ingest activated charcoal pills to throw out chemicals and toxins that may be causing body pain.
2. Apple cider vinegar
Take a tablespoon of raw apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water (or orange juice). Drink this mixture thrice a day when suffering from fever and body ache. This is the best solution for body pain owing to vinegar’s anti-inflammatory properties. Make sure you use only organic raw Apple cider vinegar with ‘mother’. Here are some other great ways to take ACV for body pain relief:
- Mix together 1 cup white grape juice, 2 cups apple juice and 1 cup organic ACV. Drink this 2-3 times a day.
- Alternatively, mix organic ACV with baking soda and lemon juice. Drink the mixture 3 times a day.
- Mix together blackstrap molasses (BSM) with apple cider vinegar. Drink the mixture 2-3 times a day. BSM is rich in many minerals that can prevent body pain and tiredness.
You can use this body ache remedy in multiple ways:
- Make a paste of 1 tbsp organic turmeric power, 2 tbsp hot water (or warm coconut oil) and 1 tbsp ginger powder. Fill the paste in a cloth and make a poultice. Gently press down the poultice on aching muscles. Do this 3-4 times a day. Take care while using this remedy as turmeric can stain clothes and skin. To remove turmeric stains from the skin, soak cotton pads in milk and wipe off gently.
- Turmeric pills– Take turmeric pills when suffering from fever and body pain. Its anti-inflammatory curcumin content speeds up healing and prevents infections from worsening.
- Drink turmeric in warm milk at bedtime- A glass of warm milk with a teaspoon of organic turmeric can prevent coughs from worsening and also prevent body pain.
Another herb that is known for its anti-inflammatory properties is ginger. Make ginger tea by steeping grated ginger in hot water for five minutes. Ginger pills are also available; take these 2-3 times a day. This remedy can also prevent coughs, colds and fever.
5. Epsom salt soaks
Add a cup Epsom salts to tub bath filled with hot water. Soak in it for 20 minutes. Epsom salts contain magnesium which is absorbed through the skin and prevents aches and pains.
6. Castor oil massages
Massage the body with castor oil to get rid of body pain naturally. This remedy is beneficial for preventing chronic pain as well as pain accompanying fever, flu etc.
7. Coconut oil
This is another natural remedy for chronic pain and body ache caused by health conditions. Massage coconut oil on all the aching areas. You can also take coconut oil internally. This anti-inflammatory remedy helps fight bacterial and viral infections.
Take following supplements to strengthen immunity:
- Vitamin C– Take this vitamin in divided doses. You need at least 2000 mg daily.
- Cod liver oil– This is anti-inflammatory and can prevent joint aches.
- MSM- Methylsulfonylmethane– Take at least 500 mg per day to prevent joint aches and body pain.
- 2000 IU of vitamin D3.
- Calcium and Magnesium– Choose a pill with 1000mg of Calcium and at least 500 mg of magnesium.
- 400-800 mg of SAMe (S-adenosylmethionine). This reduces depression and improves joint mobility.
9. Cold showers
Take a cold shower before bed and not only will you sleep better, you will be pain free.This remedy will also make you feel energetic.
10. Dietary changes
Sugar feeds inflammation so eat a sugar free or low carb diet. Go for lean protein and avoid bread, pasta, and gluten based foods. Eat fruits, veggies, soups, bone broth, stew and chicken soup.
Body pain can impact your day to day life greatly. Use the above home remedies to feel better.